When does the course start? How long does it last?
The course will launch again in the fall of 2017. The course is structured to take between 2-4 weeks, but of course you will be able to take it at your own pace. You'll have lifetime access and can come back to the material as often as you'd like!
Who teaches the Curvy Cupid Course?
The Curvy Cupid Course is taught by therapist, dating coach, and plus-size blogger Krista Niles, LCSW. Trained at Stanford and the University of Chicago, Krista is an expert in evidence-based therapy practices designed to treat body shame, low self esteem, anxiety, and depression. Having worked with plus-size women in her private psychotherapy practice, Krista noticed that the curvy community often needs support in feeling confident enough to put ourselves out there and get started with dating. She created the Curvy Cupid Course to teach the skills needed for successful dating at any size to as many curvy women as possible, as an affordable alternative to months of expensive psychotherapy. She loves, loves, loves the body-positive/fat-positive community and is so excited to be venturing into this oh-so-important revolution.
How is the course structured?
The Curvy Cupid Course is a 15-lesson course that includes video lessons, a workbook, an online community, and online action steps that support you in:
- Developing an attractive online dating profile, chalk-full of hooks to catch the eye of your ideal person
- Building a portfolio of profile photos that you'll be proud to show off on any dating site
- Learning the tips, tricks, and hacks that make online dating work - and how to use them to your advantage
- Finding out where and how to meet great matches
- Harnessing the skills you already use successfully in other areas of your life to take control of your dating life
- Establishing a deliberate dating plan designed to help you meet your partner
- Reclaiming your dating life from worries, what-ifs, and waiting
- Internalizing the skills you need to push through resistance, sidestep the sleazier aspects of online dating, recover from rejection, say goodbye to bad fits, and set up great dates
...and so much more!
What does the course include?
The Curvy Cupid Course is packed with step by step, actionable techniques to get you up and running and meeting great matches. The course is…
- Video lessons guiding you toward owning your confidence, setting up your life to encourage dating, putting up an attractive profile, attracting magnificent matches, and much more
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques that are proven to take the power out of body shame, anxiety, and negative self talk
- A deliberate dating workbook that you'll personalize and complete throughout the course of the class, that you can refer back to throughout your dating journey
- Weekly coaching calls with me -- Curvy Cupid teacher, therapist, and dating coach Krista Niles, LCSW
- The exact methods I used to find my soul mate and perfect-fit partner on OKCupid (after years of half-hearting it and second-guessing myself)
- A comprehensive walk-through of the dating process, from setting up your profile to going on dates
- The inside scoop on how to make online dating work for you, not against you
- The body-positive community you need to keep you going when the going gets tough.
What topics do we cover?
Some of the topics covered in the course are:
- How to like yourself enough to date (self-love is not a prerequisite)
- Organization and how to master the nitty-gritty of dating
- Choosing your dating sites and strategies
- Fashion for dating
- Taking fabulous profile photos
- Crafting the perfect profile
- How to find body-positive matches
- Starting a conversation
- Going on great dates
- Saying goodbye to poor fits
- Managing rejection
- How to keep going when you want to give up
How long will I have access to the course materials?
How does lifetime access sound? I developed the Curvy Cupid Course because dating is a marathon - not a sprint. The course is here to be your sideline support for as long as you need it. After enrolling, you have unlimited access for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
is the course only for straight women?
The course is designed to be inclusive of all LGBTQI women. I myself am a queer woman who dated both men and women online, and my partner is a woman.
How do I recommend the course to a friend without embarrassing her?
Yep, this is a tough one! I recommend a few strategies:
- Try posting about the Curvy Cupid Course on Facebook. That way you can generally put the word out to your friends without targeting one specific friend.
- Emphasize that there is real hope out there for curvy women looking to date! Being a deliberate dater can help turn a confusing and heartbreaking process into a successful one.
- Focus on the stats - over 20% of us meet our partners online nowadays, nationwide. And that number includes your great uncle who just got remarried and who still uses a landline because he can't be bothered with those computers and whatnot. Among my friends and family members, 60% of us have met our partners online! It's successful because it puts you into the path of many possible partners who you would never have run into in real life.
- I always like to remind newcomers to my program that online dating doesn't take the romance out of the whole situation. Rather, it increases the chance of you having that heart-fluttering, did-he-just-touch-my-hand-on-purpose, love-at-first-sight feeling because the Curvy Cupid Court teaches you how to pull those magnificent matches into your life.
- Recommend that they start with the Plus-Size Dating Starter Course, a free, 7-day email course designed to help your friend get up and dating.